- vt. 使得；进行；布置，准备，整理；制造；认为；获得；形成；安排；引起；构成
- vi. 开始；前进；增大；被制造
- n. 制造；构造；性情
- n. (Make)人名；(塞、南非)马克
[ 过去式 made 过去分词 made 现在分词 making 第三人称单数 makes ]make [ meik ]
- a recognizable kind
"what make of car is that?"
- the act of mixing cards haphazardly
同义词： shuffle shuffling
- a recognizable kind
- engage in
"make love, not war"; " make an effort"; " make revolution"
- give certain properties to something
"Don't make this into a big deal"; " This invention will make you a millionaire"
- make or cause to be or to become
"make a mess in one's office"
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
同义词： induce stimulate cause have get
- give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally
"make a stir"
同义词： cause do
- create or manufacture a man-made product
同义词： produce create
- make, formulate, or derive in the mind
"make an estimate"; " What do you make of his remarks?"
- compel or make somebody or something to act in a certain way
"Heat makes you sweat"
- create by artistic means
- earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages
"How much do you make a month in your new job?"
同义词： gain take in clear earn realize realise pull in bring in
- create or design, often in a certain way
- to compose or represent:
"This makes a fine introduction"
同义词： form constitute
- reach a goal, e.g.,
"make the first team"; " She may not make the grade"
同义词： reach get to progress to
- be or be capable of being changed or made into
"He makes a great host"; " He will make a fine father"
- make by shaping or bringing together constituents
"make a dress"; " make a cake"; " make a wall of stones"
- perform or carry out
"make a decision"; " make a move"; " make advances"; " make a phone call"
- make by combining materials and parts
同义词： construct build
- change from one form into another
"make water into wine"; " make lead into gold"; " make clay into bricks"
- act in a certain way so as to acquire
"make friends"; " make enemies"
- charge with a function; charge to be
同义词： name nominate
- achieve a point or goal
同义词： have get
- reach a destination, either real or abstract
同义词： reach attain hit arrive at gain
- institute, enact, or establish
同义词： lay down establish
- carry out or commit
"make a mistake"
- add up to
"four and four make eight"
- form by assembling individuals or constituents
- organize or be responsible for
"have, throw, or make a party"
同义词： hold throw have give
- prepare for eating by applying heat
"can you make me an omelette?"
同义词： cook fix ready prepare
- put in order or neaten
"make the bed"; " make up a room"
同义词： make up
- head into a specified direction
- have a bowel movement
同义词： stool defecate shit take a shit take a crap ca-ca crap
- undergo fabrication or creation
"This wool makes into a nice sweater"
- be suitable for
"Wood makes good furniture"
- amount to
"This salary increase makes no difference to my standard of living"
- constitute the essence of
"Clothes make the man"
- appear to begin an activity
- proceed along a path
"make one's way into the forest"
- reach in time
- gather and light the materials for
"make a fire"
- induce to have sex
同义词： seduce score
- assure the success of
"A good review by this critic will make your play!"
- represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like
"She makes like an actress"
同义词： pretend make believe
- consider as being
- calculate as being
"I make the height about 100 feet"
- cause to be enjoyable or pleasurable
"make my day"
- favor the development of
"Practice makes the winner"
- develop into
"He will make a splendid father!"
- behave in a certain way
- eliminate urine
同义词： urinate piddle puddle micturate piss pee pee-pee make water relieve oneself take a leak spend a penny wee wee-wee pass water
- engage in